iTunes is essential software for iPod, iPhone and iPad owners. While there is still an effective solution, that does not prevent it from still being far too heavy and slow when processing a large library. A defect that he has now dragged on for several versions … It is still essential to update his Apple devices!
What to do with iTunes?
Available on both Windows and macOS, iTunes is the necessary tool for anyone with an Apple mobile device. Indeed, this software allows you to read and manage music, movies and TV series as well as to synchronize and put your Apple device.
iTunes is also able to play videos and music purchased through the Apple platform.
A sleek multimedia library
Regarding multimedia, Apple’s software acts as a manager and player for music, movies, TV series, audio and video podcasts as well as e-books purchased by the user from the iTunes Store or added manually. The software thus offers the possibility of importing its audio tracks from a CD or files in many audio formats such as MP3, AAC or even Apple Lossless.
The library highlights album covers and allows you to classify your music by artist, albums or musical genre. Even if the software manages playlists, or playlists, and even offers rankings according to the most listened to, most recent and best rated songs by the user. iTunes also includes a tool called Genius which analyzes the library and allows you to match songs and design original mixes.
The software centralizes all musical resources, local as well as online with the online store via the Store tab or via the streaming service of the Apple brand: Apple Music.
Manage and update your Apple device
Even if there is a plethora of alternatives to manage your Apple device, it is clear that iTunes is the only tool offering both the iTunes Store and especially the App Store. The latter allows you to download and update its games and applications. Apple’s software is also unique in downloading and installing updates for different Apple devices like iPad, iPhone or iPod.
iTunes is also convenient because it supports iCloud on computer, the online storage dedicated to importing and storing photos, music and movies. It is ideal to make regular backups of your devices and to switch from one device to another.
Even if it is very versatile, its interface has been considered for years as a “gas factory”, because of its cumbersome on many configurations. Well thought out and refined, the ergonomics highlight many contents of its Store but still offers some welcome improvements.
Navigation is as simple as possible and the recommendations system is directly integrated when consulting a track or an album from its own library.
Download the latest version from the Microsoft Store.
The latest entertainment apps now come installed with macOS Catalina. Upgrade today to get your favourite music, films, TV programmes and podcasts. You can join Apple Music and stream — or download and play offline — over 70 million songs, ad‑free.
Download: Direct Download
Windows System Requirements
- PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor with support for SSE2 and 512MB of RAM
To play standard-definition video from the iTunes Store, an Intel Pentium D or faster processor,
- 512MB of RAM and a DirectX 9.0–compatible video card are required
- To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor; 1GB of RAM; and an Intel GMA X3000, ATI Radeon X1300 or NVIDIA GeForce 6150 or better are required
- To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor; 2GB of RAM; and an
- Intel GMA X4500HD, ATI Radeon HD 2400 or NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS or better are required
- Screen resolution of 1024×768 or greater; 1280×800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
- 16-bit sound card and speakers
- Internet connection to use Apple Music, the iTunes Store and iTunes Extras
- iTunes-compatible CD or DVD recorder to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or backup CDs or
- DVDs. Songs from the Apple Music catalogue cannot be burned to a CD.
- Windows 7 or later 64‑bit editions of Windows require the iTunes 64‑bit installer
400MB of available disk space
- Some third-party visualisers may no longer be compatible with this version of iTunes. Please contact the developer for an updated visualiser that is compatible with iTunes 12.1 or later.
- Apple Music, iTunes Store and iTunes Match availability may vary by country
- Apple Music trial requires sign-up and is available for new subscribers only. Plan automatically renews after trial.