What should I look for when choosing a lawyer?
So you’re looking for a lawyer, huh? There is a lot that goes into choosing a lawyer. Get some insider tips (from an actual lawyer) on not just how to find a lawyer, but how to choose a good lawyer and find the RIGHT lawyer for you.
The lawyer will be helping you solve your problems, so the first qualification is that you must feel comfortable enough to tell him or her, honestly and completely, all the facts necessary to resolve your problem. No one you listen to and nothing you read will be able to guarantee that a particular lawyer will be the best for you; you must judge that for yourself.
Choosing a Lawyer: How to Find a Lawyer & How to Choose a GOOD Lawyer
Reviews here: See Details
If you are not a current client, you acknowledge that we have no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information you submit to us via email, unless we have already agreed to represent you or we later agree to do so. Thus, we may represent a party adverse to you, even if the information you submit to us could be used against you in a matter, and even if you submitted it in a good-faith effort to retain us. If you would like to inquire about or retain or legal services, you must first submit an inquiry form and schedule a consultation.
About Susan Gray
- Family Law
Current Employment Position(s)
- North Carolina, 1978
Specialties and Certifications
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist, North Carolina State Bar, 1999
- Forsyth County Bar Association (Member)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Member)
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section (Member)
- Alimony Committee of the North Carolina State Bar / Family Law Section Council (Past Chairman)
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1978
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, 1975
Major: English & Political Science
Fraternities and Sororities
- Delta Delta Delta
- Thompson Mann & Hatson, Associate, 1979 – 1986
- Wells Jenkins Lucas & Jenkins, Partner, 1995 – 2015
- Cannon Mills Company, In-house Employment Counsel
- Honorable J. Phil Carlton on the North Carolina Court of Appeals, Research Assistant